March 5, 2010

The First One!!

Today was one of the first beautiful, sunny days in Athens since the dreadful winter quarter started. (Not to say there weren't beautiful, snowy days where the town was covered in white) I am just sick of the cold. I woke up around 1 today having to pull myself out of bed to go to my 3pm Spanish class (it's a blast... not). I stepped outside and the instant the sun hit my face and skin I could feel all the little joy receptors in my body springing to life. After sitting in Gordy Hall for a treacherous hour, I skipped back home in gleeful anticipation of me and my roommates picnic (#47) to celebrate the sun.

My excitement could not be controlled. We gathered up our food and beverage choices and trekked through deep south to the river. I ate my turkey sandwich, buffalo ranch doritos and clementine while wearing my red sunglasses. However, the excitement was short lived because after we were done we realized how cold we were and headed back to our disgusting, dirty, smelly dorm room.

Yes, so it is still around 40 degrees outside and spring has not officially arrived. But I crossed 47 off my list with mounds of anticipation and a glint of hope for spring to soon arrive. It was a great way to celebrate the sun coming back alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment